Souvenir of Canberra playing cards and box 1950. Photograph of Old Parliament House surrounded by a pink border is displayed on case back and on each card. Text overprinting the image reads 'Federal Parliament House Canberra'. "Playing Cards/Souvenir of Canberra/Canberra" on reverse side of box/case. The set is complete except for the Joker. The set provides the collection with an example of Canberra Souvenirs circa. 1950, "defining Canberra as a tourist destination and as a place of national importance". The set was given to the donor, Betty Jamieson, as a gift in 1950, when her and her husband moved to Canberra.
Box/case: 90 x 66 x 24 mm Cards: each measuring 86 x 62 x 2 mm
Gift of Betty Jamieson