CMAG Digital Photography Prize
The CMAG Digital Photography Prize is open to secondary students who attend schools within the Canberra region. Prizes will be awarded in two categories: Year 7 to 10 and Year 11 to 12. A selection of student work submitted will be displayed on our foyer screen at CMAG.
2022 theme: Art & Life in Canberra
View the online slideshow below of works from the Mandy Martin From Queanbeyan to New York: 1978 – 1984 / Art & Life exhibition and learn about the way Mandy Martin was inspired by the landscapes, urbanscapes and industrial scapes around Canberra. Be inspired to create your own images of Canberra and enter your photographs into the CMAG Digital Photography Prize. The judges are looking for original, thought-provoking digital photography showing striking imagery that excels at storytelling and is connected to Canberra.
CMAG's Digital Photography Prize for Secondary students has two categories:
Year 7 – 10
Year 11 – 12
All entries are due at the end of Term 2, 2022 on Friday 1 July 2022.
Announcement of winners
Prizes will be awarded and announced during Term 3, 2022.
Two prize categories: Year 7 – 10 and Year 11 – 12. Prizes include:
- First Prize: $150
- Highly Commended Award: $50
- Encouragement Award: Dymocks book voucher to the value of $30
- A souvenir poster celebrating Martin’s legacy designed by artist Alison Alder
How to enter
Entry is FREE. Please enter the CMAG Digital Photography Prize via this link.
- You may enter up to four works. Entries can be digital or analogue photographs, colour or black and white. For analogue entries, please provide a scanned copy in jpg format.
- Please only enter works in landscape format.
- The maximum file size is 10MB.
- Entries must include the title of the photograph on the file. For example: CMAG Digital Photography Prize – Civic Square
- Students must include their full name, age, year, school and contact phone number in the body of the email.
If an entered work includes the image of another person under 18 years old, the student participating must include a photo permission form from the subject’s guardian with their entry.
Terms and conditions
- By participating in this competition, students, teachers, parents and carers understand that student work will be used for promotional purposes.
- CMAG reserves the right to display selected works only.
- Captions will include the student’s full name and school.
- Students graduating from Year 12 in 2021 are eligible.
- The work may be that produced as part of study requirements, or individually (the entry is not based upon enrolment in a photography-related subject).
Mandy Martin (1952 – 2021), Early sign 1982
acrylic and oil on canvas
CMAG, Gift of the artist 2021