CMAG IS OPEN
IMPORTANT VISITOR INFORMATION
CMAG is open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm following the advice of the ACT Government. The CMAG Café is now open from 8.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
Our priority is to provide a safe environment for our visitors, staff and volunteers and so physical distancing and hygiene measures are in place and the number of visitors allowed is restricted.
Please help CMAG maintain a safe and healthy environment and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- CMAG’s capacity will be limited to 100 visitors.
- Entry and exit to CMAG is defined at both the London Circuit and Civic Square entrances.
- Contactless payments are preferred.
Staff will monitor the length of stay at the café to ensure it is two hours or less.
- We ask visitors not to bring large bags, coats, umbrellas or other items that may need cloaking.
- Staff will use disposable gloves to handle items.
- Staff may ask you to place your bag in an appropriate hutch in the cloak room.
- Stay 1.5m apart from visitors and staff.
- Please use the hand sanitiser units.
- Please do not gather at entry and exit points.
- There is increased cleaning focused on high touch surfaces.
- Please stay home if you are unwell. You will be asked to leave if you are unwell.
- Learning and community programs will not recommence at this stage.
- Venue hire spaces will not be available for immediate use, although forward bookings will be taken.
- Staff will request visitors to the café and participants in venue hire, learning and community programs to provide their name and number and consent to provide these details to ACT Health as required to enable contact tracing procedures.
These details are managed in accordance with ACT Government privacy policies and securely destroyed after 28 days.
We thank you for helping us protect the community and for your patience and understanding.
ACT Health advice
Restrictions have eased but your responsibility hasn’t. Don’t let complacency set us back.
- Maintain physical distancing – stay 1.5 metres apart from others
- Practise good hand and respiratory hygiene
- Get the flu shot if you haven’t already – it’s never too late to get one
- Continue to work from home if possible
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms – no matter how mild they are
- Download the COVID-19 app.
Look out for updates on the ACT COVID-19 website https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/home.
Martyn Jolly’s Phantasmagoria is on display in addition to exhibitions whose dates we have extended such as Building a Life: the Jennings Germans story and Seeing Canberra.
During the closure we developed the digital learning program, What do artists make: Seeing Canberra, an online catalogue for Building a Life: the Jennings Germans story featuring some incredible biographies of these men and catalogued thousands of photographs from the Canberra Press Photography collection.
As Canberra recovers from COVID-19, CMAG is delighted to be welcoming back our visitors and safely sharing our community’s collections and exhibitions.